To organize a future volunteer event, get started by selecting New Volunteer Activity from your Bright Funds profile. Now, select Organize a volunteer event.
Before you enter your event in Bright Funds, be sure to coordinate the event details with the organization beforehand!
Next, search for and select the organization. Fill out the event information including the title, the description of the activity, and location.
Click Continue to event schedule, then:
- Add a time that people can volunteer. For example, April 28th from 9:00am - 1:00pm.
- Fill out the remaining information including hours per volunteer, attendee limit and skills
- Click Save shift
Choose Add another shift if there are multiple different times or roles that people can sign up for. Volunteers will be able to select which shift they would like to join when viewing the event.
If you know that someone is joining, you can add them directly under Who's going. Click on the Invite tab to invite new individuals or groups. Everyone who is invited will receive an email invitation and can sign up for the event to track their volunteer time. Click Publish event when the event is ready to go.
After publishing the volunteer event, you can post updates, invite more people to join, and manage attendees.
How do I organize a recurring event?
You can now record any recurring volunteer events for yourself on Bright Funds.
To track time for yourself for a recurring event:
- From your profile, select New volunteer activity
- Choose Track time for yourself
- Search for and select the organization you volunteered with
- You can input dates by selecting Add another date for each date you plan on volunteering, as well as the hours that you will complete.
- Once you have completed filling out the fields, click Track this time
When each date passes for future dates you've submitted, those hours will automatically get logged onto your Bright Funds profile. Please note that activity dates that are "Scheduled" will not be requested for approval until the activity date.
If your company has volunteer hour matching, the tracked time will be submitted for approval.
Get in touch with Bright Funds if you have any questions about organizing an event, or setting up a recurring event!
*Seeing a previous version of volunteering on your Bright Funds account? Refer to this article on Creating a future volunteering event for help.