Want to know when your donation or match will reach the nonprofit? Here's a quick breakdown of our typical donation and match disbursement timelines to US-based nonprofits.
Donations to US-based nonprofits
Bright Funds disburses credit card and PayPal donations to US-based organizations in the middle of the month following the donation month. For example, a donation made in January will be disbursed in mid-February.
Matching gifts to US-based nonprofits
If your company offers matching, your matching gift typically takes at least two months to be disbursed to the nonprofit.* Here's the timeline:
- You submit a match request on January 15. It is approved as long as it meets your company’s matching gift criteria.
- Let's say your match is approved on January 30. The status changes from “Awaiting approval” to “Awaiting transfer.”
- On the 1st of the following month, in this example February 1, Brights Funds invoices your company for the matching funds.
- When the invoice is paid by your company (typically before the end of the month), the status of the matching gift will change to “Matched.” The funds will be queued for disbursement in the middle of the following month - in this example, mid-March.
- We send the check to your nonprofit in mid-March and the check should be received by the end of the month. Checks usually arrive within 5-10 business days. Hooray!
To summarize: a match requested in January will typically be disbursed by mid-March.
*While this is a typical timeline, it is contingent upon the match approval date and payment receipt date.
Note: If your company offers credit grants, the disbursal timeline is the same as for a matching gift.
If you have any questions about the status of your donation or matching gift, chat with us and we'll be happy to help!