Donations to nonprofits based outside of the US
If your company offers international giving, Bright Funds works with multiple international disbursement partners to wire donations to nonprofits based outside of the US. Donations typically reach the nonprofit within 2 months after the donation is made. Here is a general step-by-step timeline:
- You make a donation to your nonprofit based outside of the US.
- The following month, Bright Funds sends the donation to our international disbursement partner.
- Our partner queues the donation for their next disbursement, and wires your donation to the nonprofit.
Matching gifts to nonprofits based outside of the US
Once a match is approved, it will typically reach the nonprofit within 3 months. Here is a general step-by-step timeline:
- If your company offers matching, after a match request is created, it is approved as long as it meets your company’s matching gift criteria.
- Once approved, the status changes from “Awaiting approval” to “Awaiting transfer.”
- On the 1st of the following month, Brights Funds invoices your company for the matching funds.
- Once we receive the matching funds from your company, Bright Funds queues the funds to send to our partner, and the status of your gift will change to “Matched.”
- The following month, Bright Funds sends the funds to our international disbursement partner.
- Our partner queues the matching gift for their next disbursement, and wires your matching gift to the nonprofit.
If you have any questions about the status of your donation or matching gift, chat with us and we'll be happy to help!